Enter Courses in Collaborative Class Scheduling (CCS) in PeopleSoft
Academic schedulers are required to attend PeopleSoft/Collaborative Class Scheduling training and Astra Schedule training offered through Academic Support Resources (ASR) and the Office of Classroom Management (OCM).
- Visit the Astra Schedule Training website for more information
- PeopleSoft/Collaborative Class Scheduling (CCS) training
- Collaborative Class Scheduling (CCS) has two scheduling periods, “CCS Open” and “CCS Closed”.
- “CCS Open” and “CCS Closed” timeframes are determined by the Office of Classroom Management's CCS/Class Schedule Production Calendars
We ask that you follow this scheduling calendar as best you can.
During CCS Open
Department schedulers should update course information in PeopleSoft/CCS during CCS Open (cancel, add, change). College administrators should review department schedules for adherence to OCM’s standard time and course access policies. Although Health Sciences Classroom Services strives to accommodate the special needs of the health sciences' curriculum, deviations from the standard time blocks may result in inconsistent classroom assignments.
During CCS Closed
College Administrators/Schedulers are not able to update courses in PeopleSoft/CCS during CCS Closed. Scheduling of classrooms via Astra Academics may occur during this time however.
Health Sciences Classroom Services Course Scheduling Timeline
Health Sciences Classroom Services will begin assigning classrooms as soon as schools have courses set up in PS/CCS, and provide special classroom/technology needs to [email protected]. If you need an HSCS or OCM classroom scheduled, please keep the facility ID BLANK in the PS/Astra Academics system. Moving forward, health science courses requesting Health Sciences Classroom Services classrooms must follow the below timelines:
- Fall term classroom & technology requests are due to the HSCS office by January 15 of that year.
- Spring term classroom & technology requests are due to the HSCS office by June 15 of the prior year.
- May/Summer term classroom & technology requests are due to the HSCS office by October 15 of the prior year.
Indicate general classroom preferences
CCS may be used to indicate general classroom preferences (required technology, seating arrangements, etc.) but is not able to indicate specific health sciences rooms.
If your course does not require an Health Sciences Classroom Services or OCM classroom, please email [email protected] or [email protected]. OCM will assign the appropriate facility ID (e.g AHCROOMTBA or NOROOMREQD).