Classrooms as Study Spaces
Many health sciences classrooms, when not scheduled for classes or events, are available for shared study for all students as capacity allows. While seating will be first-come-first-serve, room occupants cannot restrict access to other users during open study hours. If you are looking for a more private space for uninterrupted space, you can reserve study rooms through University Libraries at z.umn.edu/reserve.
- Small classrooms without technology remain unlocked 24/7 and are open to all students when not scheduled.
- HSEC and PWB Classrooms with technology are unlocked 6:30 a.m., locked at 5:00 p.m., and are available to health sciences students who receive UCard access via their school/college until 10:00 p.m.
- Other classrooms and lecture halls with technology are unlocked at 6:30 a.m. and locked at 10:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Unless scheduled for courses or events, these rooms are locked on weekends.
To view up-to-date schedules, check the Astra Schedule Enterprise Calendar.
Other Study Spaces Available
Health Sciences Spaces
- Moos Tower 2nd Floor: Near Caribou Coffee,
- Phillips Wangensteen Building 2nd Floor: A small seating area outside of the former Freshii restaurant, and along the Gopher Way leading to HSEC
- Health Sciences Education Center: There are seating areas outside of classrooms on 2nd floor, 3rd floor, 4th floor, and 7th floor.
- Molecular and Cellular Biology Building: Lobby and connection to Jackson Hall on floors 3 and 4. Other staff/researcher lounges in the building are not available for study space.
- Nils Hasselmo Hall: Lounges on 2nd through 7th floors. These lounges are not available for study space during the lunch hours (11 a.m. - 1 p.m.) as they must be available for building occupants.
For Pharmacy and Nursing Students
- Weaver Densford Hall, Rm 1-120
For Public Health Students
For Dentistry Students
- Moos 9th Floor, Reading Library
- Moos 8th Floor, Learning Resources Center
- Moos 1-752, Retro Molar Pad
For Medical School Students
- Mayo 1st Floor, Adytum (Medical Student Lounge)