- Find which health sciences classrooms fit your event's technology and capacity needs.
- View room availability via the Astra Scheduling Grid.
- Submit an event request through the Astra Scheduling Grid.
- You will need to log in with your x.500 information to submit an event request in Astra.
- Watch the Astra Schedule tutorial video for assistance.
- If you do not have an x.500 login, send an email to [email protected].
- Submit requests for events no less than 2 business days before the event.
- Once an event has been requested, you will receive an email confirmation of the request. When the room has been scheduled, a second confirmation email that includes the room assignment will be sent to you.
Technology and Support Requests
If the event requires distance technology or support staff, specify this in the notes field. An email will be sent to you requesting further information. To help ensure staff coverage, requests must be received two weeks in advance of the event.
Astra Schedule is the software used to reserve general purpose and departmental classroom space for events and courses throughout the University of Minnesota campus system.
Scheduling Policies and Protocols
- Events will not be scheduled until all courses have been scheduled. To view the scheduling order, please see the Health Sciences Classroom Services Scheduling Protocols approved by health sciences leadership in 2018.
- Health Sciences Classroom Services does not charge University affiliated groups for use of classrooms, but on some occasions, such as on Sundays, Facilities Management may charge for custodial services. More information is on the Facilities Management event fee schedule webpage.
Classroom Use Fees
Health Sciences Classroom Services (HSCS) departmental classrooms are provided at no charge for University of Minnesota academic programs, courses, and academic seminars. University department sponsored events are also considered internal university activity and classroom use fees do not apply.
External (non-University) groups will be assessed a daily use fee based on room location and capacity:
|Room Capacity||Daily Lease Rates|
|1 - 63||$200|
|64 - 127||$300|
|128 - 209||$500|
|HSEC 7-150 & 7-152||$700 for 1-5 hours plus $100/hr each additional hour|
All Other Locations
|Room Capacity||Daily Lease Rate|
|1 - 60||$75|
|61 - 99||$150|
|100 - 249||$300|
*Additional fees will apply for room configuration, set up/tear down and/or special equipment or technology provision. These requests will be honored based on resources available.
**Additional custodial fees will be applied for non-University events taking place in Health Sciences classrooms. Please see the Facilities Management event fee schedule webpage for more details. Custodial fee information will be provided in conjunction of your room confirmation.