- Find which health sciences classrooms fit your event's technology and capacity needs.
- View room availability via the Astra Scheduling Grid.
- Submit an event request through the TC-AHC Classroom Services Form in Astra.
- Log in with your University Internet ID to submit an event request in Astra.
- Review OCM's Quick Start Guide to Astra Schedule for assistance.
- If you do not have a University ID, send an email to [email protected].
- Once an event has been requested, you will receive an email confirmation of the request. When the room has been scheduled, a second confirmation email that includes the room assignment will be sent to you.
Technology and Support Requests
If the event requires distance technology or support staff, specify this in the notes field. An email will be sent to you requesting further information. To help ensure staff coverage, requests must be received two weeks in advance of the event.
Astra Schedule is the software used to reserve general purpose and departmental classroom space for events and courses throughout the University of Minnesota campus system.
- Astra Schedule information and training with video tutorial
- Astra Schedule instructions
- Astra Schedule Frequently Asked Questions page
- If you have any questions about the Astra Schedule change, please email [email protected].
Scheduling Policies and Protocols
- Events will not be scheduled until all courses have been scheduled. To view the scheduling order, please see the Health Sciences Classroom Services Scheduling Protocols approved by health sciences leadership in 2018.
- Health Sciences Classroom Services does not charge University affiliated groups for use of classrooms, but on some occasions, such as on weekends or when food or beverages will be provided to large groups, Facilities Management may charge for custodial services. If you plan to host food or beverages in a classroom, on any day of the week, with a seat capacity of 80+, HSCS will request that you complete the After-Hours Facility Services Request Form. More information is on the Facilities Management After-Hours and Special Events Facility Use webpage.
Classroom Use Fees
Health Sciences Classroom Services (HSCS) departmental classrooms are provided at no charge for University of Minnesota academic programs, courses, and academic seminars. University department sponsored events are also considered internal university activity and classroom use fees do not apply.
External (non-University) groups will be assessed a daily use fee based on room location and capacity:
|Room Capacity||Daily Lease Rates|
|1 - 63||$200|
|64 - 127||$300|
|128 - 209||$500|
|HSEC 7-150 & 7-152||$700 for 1-5 hours plus $100/hr each additional hour|
All Other Locations
|Room Capacity||Daily Lease Rate|
|1 - 60||$75|
|61 - 99||$150|
|100 - 249||$300|
*Additional fees will apply for room configuration, set up/tear down and/or special equipment or technology provision. These requests will be honored based on resources available.
**Additional custodial fees will be applied for non-University events taking place in Health Sciences classrooms. Please see the Facilities Management event fee schedule webpage for more details. Custodial fee information will be provided in conjunction of your room confirmation.